Thank You Soooo much for coming out to the 2016 Strider Cup World Championship!
What a great finish to the US 2016 Strider Cup racing season! With stops in Lincoln, Nebraska, Salt Lake City, Utah, Spokane, Washington, and finally our Strider Cup World Championship in San Francisco, California it was definitely a year to remember!
The Strider Cup World Championship on San Francisco's Pier 35 (right next to Fisherman’s Wharf Pier 39) was an amazing event! The venue had the advantage of being covered, but with the large garage doors open felt like you were on the water with beautiful San Francisco vistas. With a total of 302 Strider racers it was the largest race we've ever held. Nine different countries participated with the largest groups from Japan (25) and Equador (15).
Our hopes and goals for this race was simple, to give riders (of all abilities) an enjoyable weekend! Hopefully, your Strider rider will remember the camaraderie, fun race competition, and continue to gain confidence on their Strider Bikes!
A HUGE shout out to FedEx, our presenting sponsor, and our class sponsors; Yelp, Camelbak, Clover Stornetta Farms, Kidz Gear, and Golden Gate Urgent Care!
results from each "A main" race:
2 year old AND UNDER CLASS - TOTAL RIDERS = 97
- 1#224 Miku Shiozawa - Aichi-Ken, Japan
- 2#263 Logan Rodriguez - Tracy, CA
- 3#284 Ryden "Ry Ry" Morgan - West Valley City, UT
- 4#240 Andrew "Fireball" Croskery - Belmont, CA
- 5#247 Malek "Coco" Faraj - Mission Viejo, CA
- 6#205 Noah Jones - San Mateo, CA
- 7#223 Hudson Nye - Chico, CA
- 8#249 Dixon Zhu - San Francisco, CA
- 9#206 Bates Binaoro - Hercules, CA
- 10#217 Kai Murayama - Aichi Okazaki-Shi, Japan
3 Year old CLASS - TOTAL RIDERS = 94
- 1#322 Kei Murayama - Aichi Okazaki-Shi, Japan
- 2#320 Emilio Alejandro Perez Fernandez - Puyo, Ecuador
- 3#385 Mason Antell - San Francisco, CA
- 4#324 Anthony "Suco" Contreras - Puyo, Ecuador
- 5#380 Aidyn "A-Train" Low-Blythe - Fairfield, CA
- 6#307 Lily Mae Christiansen - Bay Point, CA
- 7#315 Jaxson "Jax" Boehme - Napa, CA
- 8#345 Rory Lee - Capitola, CA
- 9#314 Harrison Burns - San Bruno, CA
- 10#393 Seth Postier - San Jose, CA
- 11#382 Mason Davis - Santa Cruz, CA
4 Year old CLASS - TOTAL RIDERS = 55
- 1#415 Waku Kunitate - Tokyo, Japan
- 2#413 Sota Suzuki - Anjyo, Japan
- 3#406 Yamato Ogata - Higashioumi-Shi, Japan
- 4#410 Ruka Izumitani - Inazawa, Japan
- 5#448 Jose Martin Benavides Paredes - Quito, Ecuador
- 6#416 Daijiro Wakida - Tokyo, Japan
- 7#452 Cade "Cade Man" Myers - Winters, CA
- 8#405 Diego Salinas - Fremont, CA
- 9#409 Tomas "Hammer" Escobar Mesa - Sabaneta-Antioquia, Colombia
5 year old CLASS - TOTAL RIDERS = 39
- 1#512 Ao "Aosan" Yamashita - Osaka, Japan
- 2#520 Kuuto Kitazawa - Tokyo, Japan
- 3#510 Teruya "Teru" Kouda - Nara, Japan
- 4#511 Sawa "Sawa-san" Ishimaru - Osaka, Japan
- 5#502 Makoto Goriki - Aichi, Japan
- 6#523 Sora Shiozawa - Aichi-Ken, Japan
- 7#503 Rui Ishimoto - Nishinomiya-shi, Japan
- 8#514 Namiki Takao - Nara Ikoma, Japan
- 9#515 Shoma Sano - Aichi Toyoake-shi, Japan
Special needs 12" Strider Class - TOTAL RIDERS = 3
- 1#902 Miles Robinson - San Jose, CA
- 2#905 Juniper Naim - San Jose, CA
- 3#903 Katie Kang - San Jose, CA
- 4#901 Sanchit Sharma - Sunnyvale, CA
Special Needs 16"/20" Strider CLASS - TOTAL RIDERS = 5
- 1#914 Marissa Erickson - Alameda, CA
- 2#900 Jason Toy - San Francisco, CA
- 3#911 Bill Dickson - San Lorenzo
- 4#901 Sanchit Sharma - Sunnyvale, CA
- 5#910 Jake Silva - San Bruno, CA
With 62 entries from 16 countries we had a very tough time narrowing it down to the top 10 winners!
There were two categories, Strider Staff Pick and People's Choice, with 5 winners in each. With over $20,000 in cash and prizes up for grabs we had a tough time picking the top 5 for the Staff Picks from all of the amazing videos. The film makers did a great job getting the word out as well! There were over 48,000 views on YouTube in less than one week. The winners for the People's Choice were chosen based on the quality and quantity of comments on the videos uploaded to our YouTube channel.
Don't despair if you weren't selected as one of the top 10...we'll be getting you a $50 Strider product voucher by email (expect to see this by Aug 17th).
If your video is one of the videos below watch for an email explaining what we'll need from you in order to get you your prize money!
In the end the top 10 videos came from 6 different countries!
Drum roll, please...
1st Place - Vicente Exploring - Chile
2nd Place - Love At First Sight - Thailand
3rd Place - Ducati Jacob - USA
4th Place - Road Safety - Philippines
5th Place - Exploring Utah - USA
1st Place - Daydreaming In School - Italy
2nd Place - Riding Buddies at Highland Mountain Bike Park - USA
3rd Place - Ethan Danger - USA
4th Place - The Lone Strider - USA
5th Place - Anytime, Anwhere - South Korea
Thanks again to everyone for entering and sharing your creative videos with us!
We recently sold bike number 595,974 and it may have been sold in Thailand, one of our newer distributors.
It doesn't matter where you're from, the STRIDER is cross-cultural!
Now get out and enjoy some time on your bike...no matter where you are!