The first annual #WorldStriderDay was a huge success with over 250 photos entered from all over the world!
Ten winners from all those that entered were randomly selected. If you see your photo below make sure that you're watching your inbox for your $100 gift card from your local distributor!
See all of the photos entered over on our Flickr page HERE!
Over 270 STRIDER Riders came out for the 2015 STRIDER World Championship at Main Street Square in Rapid City, SD! The 5th annual race had participants from Canada, China, Ecuador, Japan, Slovakia, and all over the US. It's always fun to see international friendships rekindled as previous champions return to reclaim their title in the next age bracket. We also had a number of racers who had participated in one of the four 2015 STRIDER Championship Series races held in Florida, California, Pennsylvania, and Utah.
The weekend was full of family focused events and everyone had a great time despite high temperatures.
Friday night was a chance to get to know the lay out of the track and for last chance qualifiers. We capped Friday night off with the STRIDER Corporate Challenge! Eight local businesses had a blast racing the track in a relay. The best part? We raised $1,000 for Youth & Family Services and $1,000 for Black Hills Works.
Saturday was RACE DAY! Some riders were fast, some were slow, but smiles were out in abundance! It was another hot one and many of the racers took advantage of the water hazard for a quick (sometimes mid-race) cool-down! Abbey Road (a Beatles cover band) played in Main Street Square at 7pm. Many of the STRIDER Riders stayed to get rid of even more energy through some pretty amazing dancing skills.
Check out the social media links at the bottom of the page to make sure you don't miss the2016 STRIDER Championship Series dates and locations when they're announced! You should also head over to our Flickr Page to see some amazing photos of all the little racers:
Finally, a huge shout out to all the families and STRIDER Riders that came out!
We also had a ton of support from some amazing sponsors: FedEx, Rapid City CVB, Scull Construction, Courtesy Subaru, Honey Stinger, Black Hills & Badlands, KIND Snacks, SCheels, Western Dakota Insurors, Ketel Thorstenson, Black Hills Power, Black Hills Urgent Care, Security First Bank, and Vast Broadband.
See you next year!
2 and under - TOTAL RIDERS = 65
- 1#240 - Ryan Hauf - Rapid City, SD
- 2#274 - Vance Singer - Rapid City, SD
- 3#217 - Lucah Behnke - Rapid City, SD
- 4#238 - Cashton Allen - Sioux Falls, SD
- 5#215 - Saaya Hino - Tokyo, Japan
- 6#213 - "Madd" Maddox McKie - Rapid City, SD
- 7#251 - Hudson Williamson - Black Hawk, SD
- 8#228 - Ethan Simonton - Rapid City, SD
3 year olds - TOTAL RIDERS = 84
- 1#302 - Waku Kunitate - Nisshin-Shi, Japan
- 2#301 - Mason Murphy - Rapid City, SD
- 3#380 - Gage Ritter - Rapid City, SD
- 4#376 - Sam "Froggy" Hauk - Lead, SD
- 5#374 - Vladimir "The Impaler" Lewis - Rapid City, SD
- 6#324 - Shane "Green Ghost" Scott - Fontana, CA
- 7#332 - Gunner Clinedinst - Apple Valley, CA
- 8#322 - Jose Diaz - Riobamba, Ecuador
#315 - Maddox "Max" Van Dyk - Sioux Falls, SD
#386 - Damian "Dae Dae" Cury - Rapid City, SD
4 YEAR OLDS - TOTAL RIDERS = 54
- 1#413 - Raisei Miyashita - Nagano, Japan
- 2#402 - Liam Dixon - Rapid City, SD
- 3#437 - Brayden Stephen - Rapid City, SD
- 4#445 - Talon Saiz - Box Elder, SD
- 5#419 - Ayeden Koplin - West Bountiful, UT
- 6#415 - Marvin Cuny - Hermosa, SD
- 7#409 - Landon Green - Rapid City, SD
- 8#441 - Titan Ross - Summerset, SD
5 YEAR OLDS - TOTAL RIDERS = 38
- 1#502 - Ryoichi Nakayama - Osaka, Japan
- 2#512 - Rui "Louis" Takahashi - Tokyo, Japan
- 3#503 - Danny "Pastrana" Villacis Barriovuevo - Puyo, Ecuador
- 4#514 - Koki Hara - Kanagawa, Japan
- 5#504 - Patrik Dinka - Trencin, Slovakia
- 6#518 - Ryder Clinedinst - Apple Valley, CA
- 7#534 - Sousuke Hino - Tokyo, Japan
- 8#515 - Kaisei Shimizu - Aichi, Japan
special needs - TOTAL RIDERS = 33 Total Races = 5
- 1#904 - Timothy Hathaway - Rapid City, SD
- 2#907 - Sara Mellegard - Rapid City, SD
- 3#901 - Daniel Cousins - Box Elder, SD
- 4#910 - Courtney Schreiber - Quinn, SD
- 5#906 - Colette Long Wolfe - Rapid City, SD
- 6#911 - Kjersten Slusser - Rapid City, SD
- 7#908 - Renae Moller - Rapid City, SD
- 1#903 - Jeffrey Fuller - Rapid City, SD
- 2#915 - Chardinai Duvall - Rapid City, SD
- 3#913 - Cindy Rooney - Rapid City, SD
- 4#916 - Aimee Johns - Ft. Pierre, SD
- 5#914 - Ruth Reed - Rapid City, SD
- 6#912 - Bob Tomahawk - Rapid City, SD
- 7#909 - Twilia Otterstetter - Rapid City, SD
- 1#920 - Blaze Johnson - Rapid City, SD
- 2#923 - Dale Landorf - Hot Springs, SD
- 3#917 - Shannon Hammer - Rapid City, SD
- 4#922 - Navaeh Smith - Peidmont, SD
- 5#924 - Dakota Teel - Hot Springs, SD
- 6#925 - Jessica Anderson - Rapid City, SD
- 7#919 - Amy Fugate - Kadoka, SD
- 1#931 - Grady Leonard - Rapid City, SD
- 2#929 - Ali Miles
- 3#926 - Robert Nichols - Rapid City, SD
- 4#927 - Bryce Olafson - Rapid City, SD
- 5#930 - Rachel Lefberene
- 6#928 - Austin Nichols
- 1#701 - David Drolc - Rapid City, SD
- 2#703 - Jimmy Landorf - Hot Springs, SD
- 3#601 - John Landorf - Hot Springs, SD
- 4#801 - Kama Coyle - Walnut Creek, CA
- 5#702 - Nathaniel Durrett - Hot Springs, SD
- 6#921 - Harvey Gammill - Rapid City, SD
With 62 entries from 16 countries we had a very tough time narrowing it down to the top 10 winners!
There were two categories, Strider Staff Pick and People's Choice, with 5 winners in each. With over $20,000 in cash and prizes up for grabs we had a tough time picking the top 5 for the Staff Picks from all of the amazing videos. The film makers did a great job getting the word out as well! There were over 48,000 views on YouTube in less than one week. The winners for the People's Choice were chosen based on the quality and quantity of comments on the videos uploaded to our YouTube channel.
Don't despair if you weren't selected as one of the top 10...we'll be getting you a $50 Strider product voucher by email (expect to see this by Aug 17th).
If your video is one of the videos below watch for an email explaining what we'll need from you in order to get you your prize money!
In the end the top 10 videos came from 6 different countries!
Drum roll, please...
1st Place - Vicente Exploring - Chile
2nd Place - Love At First Sight - Thailand
3rd Place - Ducati Jacob - USA
4th Place - Road Safety - Philippines
5th Place - Exploring Utah - USA
1st Place - Daydreaming In School - Italy
2nd Place - Riding Buddies at Highland Mountain Bike Park - USA
3rd Place - Ethan Danger - USA
4th Place - The Lone Strider - USA
5th Place - Anytime, Anwhere - South Korea
Thanks again to everyone for entering and sharing your creative videos with us!
Strider Bikes and the Axel Project Ride Through Colorado with the USA Pro Cycling Challenge
Toddlers Learn To Love Cycling Alongside the Pros at Each of The Race’s Finish Festivals August 19-25
Rapid City, SD (August 6, 2013) — Strider Sports International, the world’s premier manufacturer and marketer of children’s no-pedal balance bikes, in conjunction with the Axel Project, is bringing Strider Racing® to downtown Denver on August 25 and Adventure Zones to each stage of the USA Pro Challenge, August 19-25.
The STRIDER™ Adventure Zone gives toddlers one to five years old a chance to test ride a STRIDER, play with other kids, and develop balance and coordination in a STRIDER-designed area. This safe and friendly environment encourages kids to explore mobility on two wheels and experience the challenge and thrill of riding a STRIDER on unique terrain and obstacles.
People can find an Adventure Zone at each stage along the USA Pro Challenge route, as well as during the opening weekend festival in Aspen. Dates and locations include: Aspen, August 18 (opening weekend); Aspen, August 19; Breckenridge, August 20; Steamboat Springs, August 21; Beaver Creek, August 22; Vail, August 23; Fort Collins, August 24; and downtown Denver for the finish on August 25.
On Sunday, August 25, the Adventure Zone will transform into the STRIDER race course. Tiny two-year-olds will kick off the racing at 11 a.m., followed by the thrilling three-year-olds at noon. The four and five-year olds will get their chance on the track at 1 p.m. and 2 p.m., respectively. The top three finishers in each heat will receive a medal. All participants will receive a ribbon and customized number plate. Families may register their STRIDER riders on site. No registration fee required.
The USA Pro Challenge currently holds the record as the largest spectator event in Colorado history and one of the largest sporting events to ever take place in the United States. For seven consecutive days, 128 of the world’s top athletes will race 600 miles through the majestic Rockies — reaching higher altitudes than they’ve ever had to endure — more than two miles in elevation.
Strider Sports International CEO Ryan McFarland says, “The USA Pro Challenge is a natural fit to help promote Strider Racing and the mission of the Axel Project. Showcasing Strider Racing next to the fastest road cyclists in the world is truly an honor for us. We know the passion and determination on display from every pro rider in the race will rub off on our young racers, showing them how much you can do on two wheels!”
For more information, visit www.StriderBikes.com or www.USAProCyclingChallenge.com
We found this cool video from a STRIDER parent on YouTube last week. It seemed like a perfect time to share it since several of the STRIDER employees are taking part in the Gold Rush Gravel Grinder today!
Have a great Saturday, whether you're out on your bike suffering like us or enjoying a leisurely ride to visit some farm animals!