What are you doing this month to increase your time on a bike? Do you include Striders and bikes into your regular family fun time? If you don't, or it seems like you don't do it enough then start to make riding a habit this month. Being an example for your kids while they are young will instill bike values that will last their entire lives. According to the People for Bikes campaign, teens that ride bikes are 48% less likely to be obese as adults.
Here are some ideas to get back in the saddle and have some family fun on two wheels!
1. Ride with your child to school and then commute to your work
2. Find a Bike festival in your area and attend with the family
3. Ride your bikes to the library and check out some books about bicycles
4. Find a beginners off road trail and take your Strider rider for an adventure!
5. Visit the US Bicycling Hall of Fame in Davis, California
6. Pack up a picnic and take a short ride to a local park on a weekend
7. Buy a Strider with some other people for a family that can't afford one
8. Put some playing cards in your spokes and remember your childhood!
9. Have a Bicycle/Strider parade for all the kids in the neighborhood