Thank You Soooo much for coming out to the 2017 Strider Cup World Championship!
News Coverage: KSL TV, ABC 4, Salt Lake Tribune, Deseret News, Deseret News (Special Needs Coverage) Telemundo Utah (live feed), Telemundo Utah (Starting at 1:35), The Week, MSN.com, Triathlete.com, Standard-Examiner,
A HUGE shout out to Dannon, our title sponsor, and our class sponsors; Intermountain LDS Hospital, Competitive Cyclist, The Color Run, and Chick-fil-A City Creek Center!
results from each "A main" race:
2 year old AND UNDER CLASS - TOTAL RIDERS = 101
- 1#162 - Kaisei Nishimura - Tokyo, Japan
- 2#135 - Luke "Duke" Liberto - Mount Airy, MD
- 3#201 - Jax Awekamp - Salt Lake City, UT
- 4#134 - Huxley Fair - Morrison, CO
- 5#103 - Emitt Prado - Martinez, CA
- 6#120 - Mikito "Mickey" Takamatsu - Bangkok, Thailand
- 7#139 - Carson "Squishy" Robbins - West Jordan, UT
- 8#172 - Masen Winfrey - Ogden, UT
- 9#126 - Hunter Falk - Kamas, UT
- 10#178 - Mason Burns - Syracuse, UT
- 11#191 - Beckett Wood - Mapleton, UT
- 12#118 - Ryder Fowler - West Point, UT
- 13#150 - Rudy Davis - Bluffdale, UT
- 14#193 - Elsie Stone - Lehi, UT
3 Year old CLASS - TOTAL RIDERS = 137
- 1#142 - Raito Kaneko - Yonezawa, Japan
- 2#125 - Yuhi "Super Yuhi" Otake - Hirakata, Japan
- 3#157 - Eddie Wei - Taoyuan City, Taiwan
- 4#174 - Mioko "Mio" Oka - Nagoya, Japan
- 5#140 - Misaki "Misakix" Takao - Ikoma, Japan
- 6#130 - Kai Murayama - Okazaki-shi Aichi-ken, Japan
- 7#133 - Minato "Minapon" Watanabe - Kyotanabe City, Japan
- 8#112 - Weston Storey - Ogden, UT
- 9#182 - Logan Nielson - Saratoga Springs, UT
- 10#183 - Cruz "Cruzy the Racer" Gallegos - Santa Fe, NM
- 11#126 - Lukas Nielsen - Price, UT
- 12#165 - Jace Gardner - West Jordan, UT
4 Year old CLASS - TOTAL RIDERS = 76
- 1#128 - Taiga Kuwahara - Mishima-shi, Japan
- 2#116 - Kei Murayama - Okazaki-shi Aichi-ken, Japan
- 3#119 - Keiya Takamatsu - Bangkok, Thailand
- 4#123 - Kohaku "Kohachi" Miyazaki - Oosakasi, Japan
- 5#137 - Zion Angela - Savaneta, Aruba
- 6#135 - Greg Santiago Delgado - Turrubares, Costa Rica
- 7#117 - Chen "A bao" Pinchi - New Taipei City, Taiwan
- 8#108 - Jacob Bodamer - South Jordan, UT
- 9#156 - Khoi "Tin" Tran Minh - Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
- 10#136 - Gage Holladay - Midvale, UT
- 11#148 - Reed "Reedo" Mahin - Jackson, ID
- 12#139 - Holden Denton - Heber, UT
- 13#109 - Charles "Charlie" Noyola - Redwood City, CA
5 year old CLASS - TOTAL RIDERS = 43
- 1#112 - Waku Kunitate - Nisshinshi, Japan
- 2#111 - Nick "Nicknack" Wangvilai - Bangkok, Thailand
- 3#104 - Sota Suzuki - Anjyo, Japan
- 4#126 - Haruka Nagao - Chiyoda-ku, Japan
- 5#105 - Ryuhey "Ryu" Satoh - Akirunoshi, Japan
- 6#114 - Ruka Izumitani - Inazawa, Japan
- 7#115 - Yamato Ogata - Higasioumi-si, Japan
- 8#102 - Taro Matsuzawa - Gunma-ken, Japan
- 9#119 - Shito Kimura - Mishima, Japan
- 10#116 - Ryutaro "Taro" Fukuoka - Saitama-ken, Japan
- 11#106 - Yudai Nagai - Kyoto-shi, Japan
- 12#117 - Amane Kaneko - Yonezawa, Japan
- 13#113 - Namiki "Namikix" Takao - Ikoma, Japan
Special needs Strider Class - Total Riders = 30
Holland Van Gelder
Sebastian Van Gelder
So far, two Canadian kids are signed up for the Strider Cup Race in Pittsburgh on May 27. One is driving more than 9 hours to compete on his Strider Balance Bike. How cool is that! The delicious Pittsburgh perogies aren’t the only reason they’re coming. These two are excited to see how their skills match up with young ones in the Northeast United States.
Riding helps Lucas’ eyes
Lucas G. is registered to compete in the 2-year-old class, and is traveling from Wasaga Beach, Ontario, for the event.
He received his Strider Bike when he was just 16 months old. His mother Stephanie said, “We chose a Strider Bike because we liked the way the bike was made and the different accessory offerings. They had Kawasaki green, so we knew it was a right fit.”
Lucas rides his Strider Bike at the Wasaga Beach BMX Park and around the neighborhood in warmer temperatures. During the winter months, his parents set up a little course in their basement to help the active tot burn off energy – and practice his skills.
“Riding has helped improve his balance, and also his eyesight,” said Stephanie. “Lucas has had glasses since he was one year old. We feel like the riding has helped him focus and his eyes are getting better.”
What does Lucas say about his Strider Bike? Stephanie shared, “He always wants to ride and says ‘let’s do dirt jumps.’”
So do we!
Strider is “the coolest”
Four-year-old Jared C. from Espanola, ON, received his Strider Bike on his 2nd birthday and says his Strider Bike, “is the coolest.” We agree.
His mother, Felicia C., said, “when I bought him his Strider Bike, all he wanted to do was ride to the park and places and around the house.”
“It’s helped him with his balance,” she added. “He even started riding a two-wheeled pedal bike at three years old, without using training wheels.”
Asked why she chose a Strider Bike over other brands, Jared’s mom Felicia C. said, “I decided to buy a Strider Bike because I liked the design, how light it was and just the overall set up and attachments you could get.”
The Canadian winters don’t slow down Jared. He rides through the snow with his ski attachment. His family is used to driving for track time. In the winter, they sometimes travel six hours to the Rock City Indoor BMX track in Greenville, MI. In the summer, Jared races at the Milton BMX track in Ontario, a 5-hour drive.
Jared’s family will be traveling more than nine hours to Pittsburgh for the race. They’re also planning to go to the Strider Cup Race in Lincoln, NE, on June 11, and possibly the 2017 Strider Cup World Championship in Salt Lake City on July 21-22.
Now that’s dedication.
More info on the race is at www.striderbikes.com/pittsburgh.
Thank You Soooo much for coming out to the 2016 Strider Cup World Championship!
What a great finish to the US 2016 Strider Cup racing season! With stops in Lincoln, Nebraska, Salt Lake City, Utah, Spokane, Washington, and finally our Strider Cup World Championship in San Francisco, California it was definitely a year to remember!
The Strider Cup World Championship on San Francisco's Pier 35 (right next to Fisherman’s Wharf Pier 39) was an amazing event! The venue had the advantage of being covered, but with the large garage doors open felt like you were on the water with beautiful San Francisco vistas. With a total of 302 Strider racers it was the largest race we've ever held. Nine different countries participated with the largest groups from Japan (25) and Equador (15).
Our hopes and goals for this race was simple, to give riders (of all abilities) an enjoyable weekend! Hopefully, your Strider rider will remember the camaraderie, fun race competition, and continue to gain confidence on their Strider Bikes!
A HUGE shout out to FedEx, our presenting sponsor, and our class sponsors; Yelp, Camelbak, Clover Stornetta Farms, Kidz Gear, and Golden Gate Urgent Care!
results from each "A main" race:
2 year old AND UNDER CLASS - TOTAL RIDERS = 97
- 1#224 Miku Shiozawa - Aichi-Ken, Japan
- 2#263 Logan Rodriguez - Tracy, CA
- 3#284 Ryden "Ry Ry" Morgan - West Valley City, UT
- 4#240 Andrew "Fireball" Croskery - Belmont, CA
- 5#247 Malek "Coco" Faraj - Mission Viejo, CA
- 6#205 Noah Jones - San Mateo, CA
- 7#223 Hudson Nye - Chico, CA
- 8#249 Dixon Zhu - San Francisco, CA
- 9#206 Bates Binaoro - Hercules, CA
- 10#217 Kai Murayama - Aichi Okazaki-Shi, Japan
3 Year old CLASS - TOTAL RIDERS = 94
- 1#322 Kei Murayama - Aichi Okazaki-Shi, Japan
- 2#320 Emilio Alejandro Perez Fernandez - Puyo, Ecuador
- 3#385 Mason Antell - San Francisco, CA
- 4#324 Anthony "Suco" Contreras - Puyo, Ecuador
- 5#380 Aidyn "A-Train" Low-Blythe - Fairfield, CA
- 6#307 Lily Mae Christiansen - Bay Point, CA
- 7#315 Jaxson "Jax" Boehme - Napa, CA
- 8#345 Rory Lee - Capitola, CA
- 9#314 Harrison Burns - San Bruno, CA
- 10#393 Seth Postier - San Jose, CA
- 11#382 Mason Davis - Santa Cruz, CA
4 Year old CLASS - TOTAL RIDERS = 55
- 1#415 Waku Kunitate - Tokyo, Japan
- 2#413 Sota Suzuki - Anjyo, Japan
- 3#406 Yamato Ogata - Higashioumi-Shi, Japan
- 4#410 Ruka Izumitani - Inazawa, Japan
- 5#448 Jose Martin Benavides Paredes - Quito, Ecuador
- 6#416 Daijiro Wakida - Tokyo, Japan
- 7#452 Cade "Cade Man" Myers - Winters, CA
- 8#405 Diego Salinas - Fremont, CA
- 9#409 Tomas "Hammer" Escobar Mesa - Sabaneta-Antioquia, Colombia
5 year old CLASS - TOTAL RIDERS = 39
- 1#512 Ao "Aosan" Yamashita - Osaka, Japan
- 2#520 Kuuto Kitazawa - Tokyo, Japan
- 3#510 Teruya "Teru" Kouda - Nara, Japan
- 4#511 Sawa "Sawa-san" Ishimaru - Osaka, Japan
- 5#502 Makoto Goriki - Aichi, Japan
- 6#523 Sora Shiozawa - Aichi-Ken, Japan
- 7#503 Rui Ishimoto - Nishinomiya-shi, Japan
- 8#514 Namiki Takao - Nara Ikoma, Japan
- 9#515 Shoma Sano - Aichi Toyoake-shi, Japan
Special needs 12" Strider Class - TOTAL RIDERS = 3
- 1#902 Miles Robinson - San Jose, CA
- 2#905 Juniper Naim - San Jose, CA
- 3#903 Katie Kang - San Jose, CA
- 4#901 Sanchit Sharma - Sunnyvale, CA
Special Needs 16"/20" Strider CLASS - TOTAL RIDERS = 5
- 1#914 Marissa Erickson - Alameda, CA
- 2#900 Jason Toy - San Francisco, CA
- 3#911 Bill Dickson - San Lorenzo
- 4#901 Sanchit Sharma - Sunnyvale, CA
- 5#910 Jake Silva - San Bruno, CA
Over 270 STRIDER Riders came out for the 2015 STRIDER World Championship at Main Street Square in Rapid City, SD! The 5th annual race had participants from Canada, China, Ecuador, Japan, Slovakia, and all over the US. It's always fun to see international friendships rekindled as previous champions return to reclaim their title in the next age bracket. We also had a number of racers who had participated in one of the four 2015 STRIDER Championship Series races held in Florida, California, Pennsylvania, and Utah.
The weekend was full of family focused events and everyone had a great time despite high temperatures.
Friday night was a chance to get to know the lay out of the track and for last chance qualifiers. We capped Friday night off with the STRIDER Corporate Challenge! Eight local businesses had a blast racing the track in a relay. The best part? We raised $1,000 for Youth & Family Services and $1,000 for Black Hills Works.
Saturday was RACE DAY! Some riders were fast, some were slow, but smiles were out in abundance! It was another hot one and many of the racers took advantage of the water hazard for a quick (sometimes mid-race) cool-down! Abbey Road (a Beatles cover band) played in Main Street Square at 7pm. Many of the STRIDER Riders stayed to get rid of even more energy through some pretty amazing dancing skills.
Check out the social media links at the bottom of the page to make sure you don't miss the2016 STRIDER Championship Series dates and locations when they're announced! You should also head over to our Flickr Page to see some amazing photos of all the little racers:
Finally, a huge shout out to all the families and STRIDER Riders that came out!
We also had a ton of support from some amazing sponsors: FedEx, Rapid City CVB, Scull Construction, Courtesy Subaru, Honey Stinger, Black Hills & Badlands, KIND Snacks, SCheels, Western Dakota Insurors, Ketel Thorstenson, Black Hills Power, Black Hills Urgent Care, Security First Bank, and Vast Broadband.
See you next year!
2 and under - TOTAL RIDERS = 65
- 1#240 - Ryan Hauf - Rapid City, SD
- 2#274 - Vance Singer - Rapid City, SD
- 3#217 - Lucah Behnke - Rapid City, SD
- 4#238 - Cashton Allen - Sioux Falls, SD
- 5#215 - Saaya Hino - Tokyo, Japan
- 6#213 - "Madd" Maddox McKie - Rapid City, SD
- 7#251 - Hudson Williamson - Black Hawk, SD
- 8#228 - Ethan Simonton - Rapid City, SD
3 year olds - TOTAL RIDERS = 84
- 1#302 - Waku Kunitate - Nisshin-Shi, Japan
- 2#301 - Mason Murphy - Rapid City, SD
- 3#380 - Gage Ritter - Rapid City, SD
- 4#376 - Sam "Froggy" Hauk - Lead, SD
- 5#374 - Vladimir "The Impaler" Lewis - Rapid City, SD
- 6#324 - Shane "Green Ghost" Scott - Fontana, CA
- 7#332 - Gunner Clinedinst - Apple Valley, CA
- 8#322 - Jose Diaz - Riobamba, Ecuador
#315 - Maddox "Max" Van Dyk - Sioux Falls, SD
#386 - Damian "Dae Dae" Cury - Rapid City, SD
4 YEAR OLDS - TOTAL RIDERS = 54
- 1#413 - Raisei Miyashita - Nagano, Japan
- 2#402 - Liam Dixon - Rapid City, SD
- 3#437 - Brayden Stephen - Rapid City, SD
- 4#445 - Talon Saiz - Box Elder, SD
- 5#419 - Ayeden Koplin - West Bountiful, UT
- 6#415 - Marvin Cuny - Hermosa, SD
- 7#409 - Landon Green - Rapid City, SD
- 8#441 - Titan Ross - Summerset, SD
5 YEAR OLDS - TOTAL RIDERS = 38
- 1#502 - Ryoichi Nakayama - Osaka, Japan
- 2#512 - Rui "Louis" Takahashi - Tokyo, Japan
- 3#503 - Danny "Pastrana" Villacis Barriovuevo - Puyo, Ecuador
- 4#514 - Koki Hara - Kanagawa, Japan
- 5#504 - Patrik Dinka - Trencin, Slovakia
- 6#518 - Ryder Clinedinst - Apple Valley, CA
- 7#534 - Sousuke Hino - Tokyo, Japan
- 8#515 - Kaisei Shimizu - Aichi, Japan
special needs - TOTAL RIDERS = 33 Total Races = 5
- 1#904 - Timothy Hathaway - Rapid City, SD
- 2#907 - Sara Mellegard - Rapid City, SD
- 3#901 - Daniel Cousins - Box Elder, SD
- 4#910 - Courtney Schreiber - Quinn, SD
- 5#906 - Colette Long Wolfe - Rapid City, SD
- 6#911 - Kjersten Slusser - Rapid City, SD
- 7#908 - Renae Moller - Rapid City, SD
- 1#903 - Jeffrey Fuller - Rapid City, SD
- 2#915 - Chardinai Duvall - Rapid City, SD
- 3#913 - Cindy Rooney - Rapid City, SD
- 4#916 - Aimee Johns - Ft. Pierre, SD
- 5#914 - Ruth Reed - Rapid City, SD
- 6#912 - Bob Tomahawk - Rapid City, SD
- 7#909 - Twilia Otterstetter - Rapid City, SD
- 1#920 - Blaze Johnson - Rapid City, SD
- 2#923 - Dale Landorf - Hot Springs, SD
- 3#917 - Shannon Hammer - Rapid City, SD
- 4#922 - Navaeh Smith - Peidmont, SD
- 5#924 - Dakota Teel - Hot Springs, SD
- 6#925 - Jessica Anderson - Rapid City, SD
- 7#919 - Amy Fugate - Kadoka, SD
- 1#931 - Grady Leonard - Rapid City, SD
- 2#929 - Ali Miles
- 3#926 - Robert Nichols - Rapid City, SD
- 4#927 - Bryce Olafson - Rapid City, SD
- 5#930 - Rachel Lefberene
- 6#928 - Austin Nichols
- 1#701 - David Drolc - Rapid City, SD
- 2#703 - Jimmy Landorf - Hot Springs, SD
- 3#601 - John Landorf - Hot Springs, SD
- 4#801 - Kama Coyle - Walnut Creek, CA
- 5#702 - Nathaniel Durrett - Hot Springs, SD
- 6#921 - Harvey Gammill - Rapid City, SD
Daniel (yellow bike above), is a seasoned STRIDER Pro at 4 years old. Over the years we've shown video of him on family vacations, Riding his STRIDER Snow Skis down Canadian mountain-sides, and in skate parks. He has been featured in several 2013 STRIDER calendar shots as well (download the 2013 calendar here).
Now it's time to meet his little brother, Lucas (age 2) who hasn't quite gotten the hang of his seat yet. After watching this video a couple times now we were impressed by his wildman mentality and resilience. There is a cameo from cousin Jason in the skate park and also some really good footage of Daniel (4) on his pedal bike.
Watch out world, there are some bike masters coming out of Canada, eh!
This Saturday (8/4) is a chance for our STRIDER Riders from the Great White North to have some STRIDER Cup Racing fun! Join Fraser Valley STRIDER Bikes and BMX Canada at the Borderline Nationals in Langley, British Columbia.
Arrive from 9:30- 10am for sign-up, racing begins just after 11am
Three age categories - 2's, 3's & 4's
All participants will receive a trophy, 1st and 2nd place will receive large ones!
$25 for the event, tons of fun to be had!
Let's make some great memories for our kids.
Share your Strider success stories, photos, video and interact with other Strider enthusiasts at our newest centralized social media outlet www.StriderLife.com! Join the Strider conversation on our Facebook wall!