Pneumatic Tires Give Older Riders An All-Terrain Wheel For All Seasons
Rapid City, SD (November 27, 2013) — Strider Sports Intl., Inc., the world’s premier manufacturer and marketer of children’s no-pedal balance bikes, is releasing an all-new wheel just in time for the holidays. The Heavy-Duty Wheel 12” set is designed to help young riders advance to the next stage of their bicycling progression.
Developed for kids aged 3 years old and up, the STRIDER™ Heavy-Duty Wheel Set is the perfect accessory for older riders who desire high traction more than an ultralight wheel, while still weighing in at a modest 1.8 pounds a piece.
The STRIDER Heavy Duty Wheels meet the same quality of the stock STRIDER wheel, but with new features innovated specifically for the older age group:
· High-Traction, Inflatable Tires
o Ideal for kids 3 & Over
· All-Surface Tread
o Perfect for the trails, the park, or the backyard
· Strong Alloy Rims
o Easily handles skatepark stunts
· Steel Hub & Spokes
o Tough & ready for performance
· Fits All STRIDER 12” (ST) Model Bikes
o Easy to upgrade
“The STRIDER Heavy-Duty Wheels help bridge the gap during a crucial stage of a young rider’s development,” said Ryan McFarland, CEO of Strider Sports International. “When a child is ready to start doing more intense riding, it’s a natural step to upgrade to a pneumatic wheel and bring the ‘Strider Evolution’ one step closer to a full-fledged pedal bike.”
STRIDER Heavy Duty Wheels are available through the Strider website and at local dealers. MSRP $49. To learn more about the STRIDER Heavy Duty Wheels and how to purchase, visit http://www.StriderBikes.com
This is a day to remember and be thankful for what we have. It's a day to spend time with family and friends enjoying each other's company, even if they drive you up the wall every now and then!
We, at Strider Sports, are thankful that we live in such a great country! A country where there's opportunity for a Saturday afternoon project to turn into a thriving business that connects parents and kids from all over the world through a little bike.
At STRIDER, we love bikes! We use them for fun, commuting, family time, getting groceries, and much more. This cool video from our friends at Rocky Mountain Bicycles will add an entirely new perspective to what can be done with a bike.
Watch the video and then get outside, ride your bike, and make some music of your own!
Jerseys, Pocket Bikes, Gloves, Custom STRIDER Book...We're putting the stuff in Stocking Stuffers!
We've got so much more than STRIDER Bikes for your toddlers this holiday season! Are you looking for some stocking stuffers? We've got you taken care off. Combine accessories for a total of $50 or more, and not only will you be a hit around the Christmas tree, but you'll also get FREE Shipping!
Here are some of the latest and greatest:
1. Customized "My Amazing STRIDER Adventure" book with pocket bike of your choice : Your child becomes a superhero and tames the mighty Hippomoose in this customized Strider adventure! Enter your child’s name, city, gender, and bike color below and we’ll create a personalized story about your very unique Strider hero! Your choice of a Red, Blue, or Green STRIDER Pocket Bike is included with a purchase of this Storybook. If purchased individually, the customized book and Pocket Bike will incur a $10 shipping fee. However, if you bundle this book and child’s toy with other STRIDER bikes, accessories or apparel totaling over $50, then shipping is FREE.
2. Snow STRIDER Ski Accessory: Does the cold weather have you feeling down? Do you feel like you’re stuck indoors? Introducing our New Snow Strider(R) Ski Accessory! The Snow Strider Ski(R) is a fun new accessory that easily attaches and transforms your strider into the perfect winter toy, in the back yard, cross country, or on the slopes! Check out this YouTube video from some snow loving Canadians to see the Snow STRIDER in action!
3. STRIDER Adventure Riding Gloves: Our STRIDER Adventure Riding Gloves provide excellent protection for your child’s hands. Features an easy to use Velcro closure with a wide glove opening allowing parents and kids to easily slip on the gloves. STRIDER Gloves improve hand grip and are padded to help cushion impacts.
4. STRIDER Handlebar Bell : Kids love making a little noise! This simple, lightweight bell mounts to the handlebars and lets little ones politely let the world know to "Look out!"
5. STRIDER Racing Jersey : Show your STRIDER Spirit on and off the race course! Available in three colors with "STRIDER" on the front and "Team STRIDER" on the back.
5. 2014 STRIDER Calendar: The 2014 STRIDER Calendar has arrived! Thanks to our passionate group of STRIDER owners and riders, the calendar has an amazing collection of photos that are sure to make you smile each month. Remember to start saving this year’s photos for entry into the 2015 calendar, and thanks again to all our great customers who participated this year!
Check out this fun video from the Super Enduro in Liverpool, UK. An enduro course is a great example of what can be done on a STRIDER! Riding over/around tires, over 2x4's, and through soft dirt would be nearly impossible for a toddler on a heavy training wheeled bike or tricycle.
If you're in STRIDERville (aka Rapid City, SD) make sure to keep watching for info on STRIDER racing on January 4th at the Extreme Indoor Enduro!
Now get outside and have a great Saturday!
The USA BMX Grands are coming up Thanksgiving weekend in Tulsa, Oklahoma! If you're looking for a way to burn off some Thanksgiving calories make sure to pack your STRIDER and check it out.
For the 2nd year in a row there will be a STRIDER specific track. Whether you come for the entire weekend or only for the STRIDER racing (Saturday at 11:30) it is sure to be a fun time.
If you're going:
Where - River Spirit Expo in Tulsa, OK (Google Map)
Sign ups - Thursday (11/28) 8am to 3pm and 5pm to 8pm, Friday (11/29) 9am to 3pm, or Online Pre-sign (Recommended) to avoid the long lines and just show up on race day.
What - Awesome STRIDER racing fun!
When - STRIDER Races on Saturday (11/30) at 11:30am (prompt)
If you're anywhere near Austin, TX you'll want to go check out the 2013 Austin Fan Fest!
4 days of Music, Food, and Fun for all ages. Bring your STRIDER rider down for some fun in the STRIDER Adventure Zone and stick around to hear some free music and eat at one of the food trucks (which we hear is a quintessential Austin experience).
For more information and times head over to www.AustinFanFest.com
Ever wondered what it looks like from the perspective of a STRIDER rider at a USA BMX national event? We found this great footage from a 3 year old racer at the Disney Cup last weekend! Enjoy, and if you want to see some photos from the event you can find those HERE.
Have a great Saturday...now get out and ride!
How can you win a Dream Adventure + $15,000 Cash + Everything GoPro Makes?
Simply by submitting an image and an answer to the question, "How Will You GoPro?"
Watch the video below and keep reading for some cool ideas you, and your STRIDER rider could enter!
The grand prize winner will receive a $30,000 dream trip accompanied by a GoPro film crew, $15,000 USD in cash, and Everything that GoPro makes!
If you aren't the Grand Prize Winner (out of the thousands of entries) you could still be one of the 9 weekly winners and win everything GoPro makes for being the most creative or original entry.
Here are some that we thought of:
1. Ride my STRIDER on every continent!
2. Race my STRIDER in Japan, Australia, South Africa, England, Venezuala, and the STRIDER World Championship in the USA.
3. Take an epic road trip with my family up the Pacific Coast Highway with plenty of STRIDER riding breaks along the way.
4. Follow the Tour de France and get my STRIDER signed by each stage winner.
We'd love to see some STRIDER parents get super creative and win some prizes. What would you do with the grand prize? Steal our ideas or come up with your own, but make sure to enter for your chance to win some awesome GoPro swag!
Full Details, Prizes, and Rules can be found on the GoPro site.
The STRIDER World Championships is always a fun event with a truly international contingency. This year we had participants from 11 countries including; Japan, Slovakia, & South Korea!
Not only do we have the unique privilege of hanging out and racing with them, but we also received unique gifts from their home countries.
International team; James, Todd, Mary, & Ryan show off a hand hammered knife set from Japan
Our European distributor, based in Slovakia, sent a local bottle of wine...it has since gone missing!
South Korea sent a gift box including a mother of pearl inlaid jewelry box.