Meet Terry, Strider Controller Extraordinaire!
- I met my husband on Match.com.
- Kids in my family share a middle name with my dad, Gary Lee (girls spelled differently): We are Richard Lee, Terry Lea and Shari Lea.
- I am a freelance writer.
- My husband and I pray together every morning.
- I parachuted three times. The first time I landed bottom-down in a puddle, but no one believed me—they thought I peed my pants.
- When I retire, I am going to auctioneer school.
- I’ve run two marathons (and a bunch of half-marathons) including New Orleans, Kauai, Virginia Beach, Las Vegas and Jamaica since turning 50.
- I hiked the entire Centennial Trail in one winter.
- I am a member of the Leadership Rapid City class of 2011.
- I love dogs!
- I worked my way through High School and College as an Alligator Wrestler and Snake Handler Showperson at Reptile Gardens.
- I’m a fanatic about stereo systems both in my car and at home…I’m very picky about sound!
- Case in point….the first two cars I owned and drove both had their back seats removed…and replaced wall to wall with MTX subwoofers.
- I met my wonderful wife when she rolled up in her Mustang 5.0 cruising 8th Street and asked me for a ride on my motorcycle.
- Kent is my middle name! Our family has a tradition, for no particular reason, of going by our middle names.
- Father: Charles Timothy Jacobs
- Me: Timothy Kent Jacobs
- My Son: Kent Austin Jacobs
- I have a degree in Mechanical Engineering from SDSM&T
- When I’m at home and walk outside at night…I sometimes howl at the moon :P
- For my entire childhood I never had to pay to play arcade games or pinball machines (the REAL arcade games that most people would drop a quarter in). My dad was an amusement and vending machine repair man. Free games!!! Mr.Do!
- I own 4 sets of wheels and tires for my Subaru. Not 4 tires…16 tires and 16 wheels... for one car. Each has their purpose. I guess you could say I’m fanatic about tires too :P
- I’ve always wished I was Superman “Clark KENT” and I often have dreams that I’m flying or floating.
Visit Kent's staff Bio HERE to learn more about him and the rest of the Strider staff!
I’m not sure anyone knows exactly how much coffee we drink here at STRIDER… But it’s a lot.
Nothing like a little donut sugar rush and caffeine jolt to start the day!
Cheers from all of us here at STRIDER Headquarters, may your veins be filled with caffeinated goodness, and may your access to donuts be readily available- Have a great day!
Hola! Bonjour! Ciao! Hallo! Ahoj! Kaixo! Γεια σας! Dia duit! Hello!
Calling all European motorcycling enthusiasts! Stop by booth #i85 in hall 10P of the 17th annual International Motorcycle Exhibition in Milan to say, Ciao!
Whether you are a dealer looking to expand your sales or public that is coming out to check out the latest and greatest, we would love to see you. We are specifically looking to add some additional STRIDER sub-distributors throughout Europe.
- I grew up in Steamboat Springs Colorado.
- I love to hunt and fish with my family.
- Denver Broncos are my favorite NFL Team.
- I am not Spanish, even though my last name is Martinez.
- I was adopted.
- I lived in a school bus.
- My favorite color is green.
- Jack Kerouac's On The Road is my favorite book.
- My favorite band is Social Distortion.
- I am in the elusive 100 days of skiing club the "Ski Bum Club."
4 Year Old STRIDER
1 Gage Ott
2 Payton Robinson - Findlay, OH
3 Lilani Pringle - Team Profile/Crit Plate, Archer, FL
4 Matthew Jahnke - Team Answer/SSquared/TLD - North Prairie, WI
5 Maxwell Lukemire - Columbus, OH
6 Collin Momper - Team Potter Plates/Dan's Comp - Jonesboro, GA
7 Kolton Mockobee - Boonville, IN
8 Madison Whitehead - Davison, MI
3 Year Old STRIDER
1 Canon Rhodes - Vine Grove, KY
2 Evan "The Destroyer" Okey - Team Answer/Rennen - Libertyville, IL
3 Grant Bandy - Team Profile/Hooker Bikes - Suffolk, VA
4 Easton Weckman - Louisville, KY
5 Kenny Grabow - Covington, KY
6 Kiera Mockobee - Boonville, IN
7 Jacob Whitehead - Davison, MI
8 Isobel "Izzi" Boorom - Team Iron Pony Motorsports - Delaware, OH
2 & UNDER STRIDER
1 Grant Carmichael - Valparaiso, IN
2 Emma Jester - Ozark, MO
3 Gavin "The Beast" Strain - Team Bluegrass/GHP/Dan's Comp - Indianapolis, IN
4 Kalia "Rum Bum" Pringle - Team Profile Racing - Archer, FL
5 Gunnar Trimolt - Team ZMX Racing - Munster, IN
Hey Moms and Dads! While summer is not officially over, it is for most of the school ages kids out there. If you're like many stay at home moms (or dads) with toddlers you have one or two older siblings heading off to school and lots of new quality time to spend with your Striding toddlers. Sometimes it's tough to make the same ol' bike ride new and fun. Here are some ideas that might help you jump start your riding routine if you have fallen off the biking wagon, or if you're stuck in a rut with a boring route, this might help mix it up a bit!
1. Try taking the path less traveled.
One of the best parts, or maybe THE best part about the STRIDER is that you can go on any terrain, that means stepping out of your comfort zone and getting off the paved paths you're accustomed to. If you really want to go over to that abandoned construction site and plow over some gravel piles, go for it! Slap on some bug spray and hit the woods, there are so many adventures to be had on hiking paths and nature trails. Especially when you're only 3 feet tall!
2. Make it a picnic.
Bring a snack or pick a destination for lunch. Kids tend to feel more in control, and get a sense of accomplishment when they know that they have reached their goal of a specific destination. A rewarding healthy lunch with mom or dad is a great way to celebrate!
3. Go on a scavenger hunt.
Put on a backpack and make a list of things you want to find or do on your bike ride and let your child check the things off the list. Some examples might be:
Find one big and one little pine cone
Pick up a piece of trash you find on the ground to show you love our planet
Take a picture of a bird with mom or dads phone
Find a stick in the shape of the letter Y
See if you can balance long enough to sing your ABC's without putting your feet down
4. Hit the slopes
Whether we like it or not, Christmas and winter will be here before we know it, and if you're lucky enough to live somewhere where it snows the STRIDER Snow Ski is an AWESOME accessory to beat the winter blues and get outside.
Even though these are just a few ideas of ways to liven up your bike rides, the possibilities are endless. Have fun with your little ones and enjoy your adventures together!
1. I love old cars, specifically 33-39 Chevys.
2. I bought my first motorcycle at 17, and I didn’t know how to ride it. My mom took me to the dealership. My boyfriend had to ride it home.
3. My husband and I own a 40 ft, 1963 school bus that we did a full conversion on. Willie G Davidson even signed the ceiling during the Sturgis Rally last year!!!
4. I grew up on a farm and walked beans and picked rock for spending money every Summer.
5. My husband and I have remodeled 3 houses so far.
6. I love to travel anywhere, anytime, any method.
7. My dream vacation is riding motorcycles through Norway and Sweden.
8. My grandmother and grandfather on my mom’s side were 1st generation American Swedes. That makes me ½ Swede, don’t cha know.
9. I learned kidney stones can be deadly; I got E. Coli blood poisoning last year from one and spent 6 days in the hospital.
10. I have a foster sister with Down Syndrome. Her name is Amy Jo, she is 43 and has been part of my family since she was 5.
To view Ann's full staff bio click HERE!
4 Year Old STRIDER
1 Willow Francis - McDonald, PA
2 Gavin Saez - Bel Air, MD
3 Tyler Meyers - Ft Edward, NY
4 Addisyn Moore - Team Generation II - Crownsville, MD
3 Year Old STRIDER
1 Dean "Deango" Stewart - Team Stylin - Clifton Park, NY
2 Jackson "The Tank" Corbett - Eldersburg, MD
3 Carson Hooks - Oak Ridge, NC
4 Jerrick "Super" Decker - Team Grippen Park BMX - Windsor, NY
5 Ryder Allen
6 Scarlett Borror - Callaway, MD
7 Erica Greene - Severn, MD
2 & UNDER STRIDER
1 Richard Dymond - Team Generation II - New Freedom, PA
2 Timothy Scott - Hagerstown, MD
3 Kash Krickler - Eldersburg, MD
4 Joshua Austin - Forestdale, MA
5 Giuliana "Gigi" Powell - Team GTV Racers Edge - Catonsville, MD
6 Rylyn Tinsman - Sykesville, MD
7 "STRIDER" Ryder West
- Mountain biking makes me hoot/holler and smile really big.
- I love people who hoard (inside joke).
- I may be over 50, but I will never act like it.
- I once had a job in the mountains and flew to work in a helicopter every day.
- I’ve been married to my sweetheart for 27 years.
- I’m kind of a “closet” gear head.
- I want to rent some Harleys and do a “Wild Hogs” kind of trip with my two boys.
- I was the wheelie king of Pinedale Elementary School, on my 20” Schwinn Stingray.
- When I was a kid I went to the stock car races, and a car left the track and flew over me, hitting me in the head (that explains a lot of things).
- While walking to school one day, I had to get stitches below my eye, as a result of knocking big icicles of the neighbors roof.
To view Todd's full profile on our staff Bio page click HERE.