The 2014 STRIDER Calendar can be purchased HERE!
- I worked my way through High School and College as an Alligator Wrestler and Snake Handler Showperson at Reptile Gardens.
- I’m a fanatic about stereo systems both in my car and at home…I’m very picky about sound!
- Case in point….the first two cars I owned and drove both had their back seats removed…and replaced wall to wall with MTX subwoofers.
- I met my wonderful wife when she rolled up in her Mustang 5.0 cruising 8th Street and asked me for a ride on my motorcycle.
- Kent is my middle name! Our family has a tradition, for no particular reason, of going by our middle names.
- Father: Charles Timothy Jacobs
- Me: Timothy Kent Jacobs
- My Son: Kent Austin Jacobs
- I have a degree in Mechanical Engineering from SDSM&T
- When I’m at home and walk outside at night…I sometimes howl at the moon :P
- For my entire childhood I never had to pay to play arcade games or pinball machines (the REAL arcade games that most people would drop a quarter in). My dad was an amusement and vending machine repair man. Free games!!! Mr.Do!
- I own 4 sets of wheels and tires for my Subaru. Not 4 tires…16 tires and 16 wheels... for one car. Each has their purpose. I guess you could say I’m fanatic about tires too :P
- I’ve always wished I was Superman “Clark KENT” and I often have dreams that I’m flying or floating.
Visit Kent's staff Bio HERE to learn more about him and the rest of the Strider staff!
Strider No-Pedal Balance Bikes Will Be All Over Town During The Biggest Motorcycle Week
Rapid City, SD (July 22, 2013) — Strider Sports International, the world’s premier manufacturer and marketer of children’s no-pedal balance bikes, will have their top-selling bikes at various locations during the 73rd Annual Sturgis® Motorcycle Rally August 1-11, 2013.
Come see why STRIDER® No-Pedal balance bikes are the fastest, safest, and easiest way to teach toddlers as young as 18 months to discover the world on two wheels.
Find STRIDER bikes at the following locations throughout the week:
- Black Hills Harley Davidson ®: August 3rd through 10th from 10am – 8pm daily
- CrossRoads at the Buffalo Chip: August 1st through 11th from 9am – 9pm daily
- Sturgis Motorcycle Museum: August 1st through 10th, 10am – 8pm daily
STRIDER bikes will also be donated for the benefit auctions following the Legends Ride on Monday, August 5, and the Sturgis Motorcycle Hall of Fame inductions held Wednesday, August 7, at 9:00am at The Lodge in Deadwood.
By using a STRIDER bike, young riders from 18 months to 5 years get to experience the fun and freedom of riding a bike without relying on restrictive training wheels or tricycles.
Sturgis, South Dakota is the center of the motorcycle universe for one week every summer and STRIDER will be right in the middle of the Main Street madness. The Sturgis® Motorcycle Rally is the experience of a lifetime in a place where local people can still show you a thing or two about hospitality and visiting exhibitors can show you anything and everything needed for a true motorcycle lover.
“The 2013 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally literally hits close to home for us at Strider headquarters,” says Ryan McFarland, Founder of Strider. “Our main offices are located only a quick 25 mile ride down I-90 from Sturgis. We are well aware of the history behind the rally and are honored to be a part of the event this year. Our popular no-pedal bikes are the perfect way to keep the passion for riding alive for the next generation.”
5 Year Old STRIDER
1 Peyton Prichard - Team Cowtown BMX - Benbrook, TX
2 Makenzy Robledo - Shreveport, LA
4 Year Old STRIDER
1 Rider Knight - Laurel, MS
2 Stephen Jones - Conway, AR
3 Peyton Keesee - Joshua, TX
4 Crash Stanley - West Monroe, LA
3 Year Old STRIDER
1 Harley Adams - Spring, TX
2 Korbyn "Dirt Dobber" Rivera - Shreveport, LA
3 Bella Arnold - Alvin, TX
2 & UNDER STRIDER
1 Talon Trahan - Team Trikin Out Truks - Houston, TX
2 Jayce "Boo Bear" Grieve - Team Factory Doublecross - Cabot, AR
3 Uhllana Woods - Benbrook, TX
4 Grant Nelson - West Monroe, LA