Wow – that was one windy and hot afternoon in Lincoln, but none of that seemed to bother the 160+ racers. Little legs battled the wind and strode over, through and around various obstacles – including our cool mister, once that heat and humidity kicked in. We all learned that “turn here” to a toddler means they just might turn around and go back. And we also watched several toddlers jump the tire obstacles, rather than ride around them. We ended up with just over 170 registered racers, and it was wonderful to see several returning racers from 2016. Happy, smiling faces received medals and trophies as champions were crowned in 2 and under, 3, 4, 5 year old, and special needs divisions. What a wonderful day of making new friends, riding, and racing!
Don't forget, everyone who participated is welcome to attend the Strider Cup World Championships in Salt Lake City, Utah July 21st and July 22nd. We know some of you are already making plans. Be sure to book your hotel soon!
A huge thank you to all the racers, their families, and to our Title sponsor Raising Cane’s Chicken Fingers, for the wonderful support, lemonade and water. A big thanks also to SCHEELS for the Free Strider Adventure Zone and to Keller Williams, Black Hills Energy, Lincoln Children’s Museum, and FedEx. Thanks also to the Lincoln Convention and Visitor’s Bureau, as well as the City of Lincoln for their support! We had a fantastic time in Tower Square of Lincoln, Nebraska, and loved hearing the stories you shared about your child’s experience with their Strider bike. Thank you for the hospitality and hope to see you in Salt Lake City!
Below are the results from each race class:
2 and under Class - TOTAL RIDERS = 49
- 1#117 Rhett Elkins - Lincoln, NE
- 2#133 Ellie Larson - Kearney, NE
- 3#142 Maxwell "Maxxx" Carney - Clif Carney
- 4#147 Lander Wirth - Gretna, NE
- 5#123 October "Tobey" Jenkins - Beatrice, NE
- 6#103 Ronan Flippin - Gretna, NE
- 7#145 Shea Jermain - Liberty, MO
- 8#105 August Schultz - Lincoln, NE
- 9#141 James Nekuda - Kearney, MO
- 10#114 Preston Dockhorn - Monroe, NE
- 11#104 William Crane - Minden, NE
- 12#110 Bentley Lantis - Omaha, NE
- 13#132 Emmett Irene - Lincoln, NE
- 14#119 Micah Brumm - Lincoln, NE
- 15#101 Lennon Nelson - Omaha, NE
- 16#111 Noah Andre - Kearney, NE
3 year old CLASS - TOTAL RIDERS = 51
- 1#101 Pasha Ali - Trophy Club, TX
- 2#142 Cruz "Cruzy the Racer" Gallegos - Santa Fe, NM
- 3#116 Brady Pearson - Omaha, NE
- 4#144 Braysen Yingling - Topeka, KS
- 5#147 Jensyn Codr - Omaha, NE
- 6#120 Asher Huerta - Bellevue, NE
- 7#111 Paladin Knust - Blue Springs, MO
- 8#135 Cooper "Buttercup" McKinney - Gowrie, IA
- 9#126 Daniel "DJ" Applegate - Lincoln, NE
- 10#143 Kaleb Edwards - Palmyra, NE
- 11#115 Santiago Gonzalez - Clovis, NM
- 12#137 Jase Stark - Hickman, NE
- 13#149 Theo Plooster - Malcolm, NE
- 14#124 Easton Allen - Belton, MO
- 15#123 Henry Norton - Lincoln, NE
4 YEAR OLD CLASS - TOTAL RIDERS = 47
- 1#142 Drake "Silas" Franklin - Lincoln, NE
- 2#120 Keller Larson - Kearney, NE
- 3#103 Madden "Danger" Thulin - Topeka, KS
- 4#106 Colin Wettergel - Elkhorn, NE
- 5#105 Nash Edwards - Marysville, KS
- 6#135 Karter "Kar Kar" Gailey - Fort Dodge, IA
- 7#119 Liam Uhl - Mapleton, IA
- 8#131 Ayden Schmidt - Harrisburg, SD
- 9#136 Brecken Vetick - Genoa, NE
- 10#117 Preston Herbolsheimer - Lincoln, NE
- 11#111 Silas "Si" Hill - Leon, IA
- 12#104 Monroe Nelson - Omaha, NE
- 13#144 Madelyn Sherman - Lincoln, NE
- 14#122 Eldyn DeFreece - Cairo, NE
- 15#108 Gavin "Ninja Fast" Berg - New Hope, MN
- 16#133 Harlynn Frerichs - Bennington, NE
5 AND UNDER CLASS - TOTAL RIDERS = 9
- 1#106 Brecken Yingling - Topeka, KS
- 2#101 Maddox Van Dyk - Sioux Falls, SD
- 3#105 Brennan Klug - Gretna, NE
- 4#108 Ethan Reiman - Lincoln, NE
- 5#104 Bailey Wiliams - Beaver City, NE
- 6#103 Cade Gentrup - Lincoln, NE
- 7#107 Zack "Bubba" James - Lincoln, NE
- 8#102 Logan Brehm - Lincoln, NE
Special Needs CLASS - TOTAL RIDERS = 11
- 1#177 Andy Brockmeier (12" Strider) - Lincoln, NE
- 1#176 Robert Michael (20" Strider) - Lincoln, NE
- 2#178 DJ Steiner (16" Strider) - Lincoln, NE
- 3#185 Rylan Widga (12" Strider) - Lincoln, NE
- 4#184 Moses Stevenson (16" Strider) - Lincoln, NE
- 5#182 Patricia Palafox-Huber (20" Strider) - Lincoln, NE
- 6#175 Haley Aernie (20" Strider) - Lincoln, NE
- 7#180 Noel Canaan (16" Strider) - Lincoln,NE
Rapid City, SD (April 5, 2017)—The Raising Cane’s Chicken Fingers® franchise in Lincoln, Nebraska, is teaming up with Strider Bikes, the world’s leading manufacturer and marketer of children’s no-pedal balance bikes, to give away 50 Strider Bikes and helmets to local youth.
Raising Cane’s is hosting a Giveaway Party to hand out the bikes on April 23 from 1–3 p.m. at their restaurant located at 58th & Old Cheney (5810 S. 58th Street). SCHEELS will also be onsite with a free Adventure Zone Ride and Play area where children can test ride a Strider Bike. The Giveaway Party is free and open to the public.
Raising Cane’s is donating five bikes and helmets each to four daycare centers in Lincoln. In addition, 30 bikes will be given away at the April 23 Giveaway Party, where 4 bikes will be given away every 15-minutes to those in attendance.
“The partnership with Strider was a no-brainer for us. Not only does it embody one of our core values of supporting active lifestyles, but our two children used them, and we are true believers in the bike,” said Jennifer Jones, owner of the Lincoln Raising Cane’s restaurants. “So when we had the opportunity to give other children a chance to have a Strider Bike of their own, and to host an event that would put 50 of these bikes under children in the community, we were very excited, and didn’t hesitate to become a part of it.”
In addition to the Giveaway Party on April 23, there will be a free Strider Adventure Zone at the Lincoln Children’s Zoo on Saturday, May 13 from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m., where children can test ride a Strider Balance Bike while visiting the Zoo.
Local toddlers can use the Strider Adventure Zone to practice their skills to race in the Lincoln Strider Cup Race Presented by Raising Cane's on June 10. The Lincoln race is the third of three events in the 2017 Strider Cup, a national Strider Bike racing series for toddlers and children. These family-friendly races are for the tiniest competitors and gives small children a chance to put their Strider Balance Bike skills to the test. It is the second time Strider has held a national race in Lincoln.
The June 10 event will have races for 2-, 3-, 4-, and 5-year-olds, and Special Needs riders of all ages. Strider has waived the registration fee for riders with special needs. Racers will receive a Strider goodie bag valued at more than $50 with their registration, and all racers will receive either a medal or a trophy. Pre-registration is open now at http://www.striderbikes.com/lincoln.
Upcoming Strider Cup races are slated for May 6 in Fort Worth, Texas, and May 27 in Pittsburgh, Penn. Participating in any of these events automatically qualifies the rider for the Strider Cup World Championship, July 21-22 in Salt Lake City, Utah. The Strider event page, http://www.striderbikes.com/events has more information on all of the races.
ABOUT RAISING CANE’S & SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY VENTURES
The Lincoln and Grand Island franchise—Southern Hospitality Ventures—was opened in 2006 by Justin and Jennifer Jones, who moved to Nebraska from Louisiana. Since opening their first location, they have set out to make a change in their community by becoming active community leaders with programs such as this one. Since 2006, the franchise has given back over $1.4 million to the communities in which their restaurants are located.
Raising Cane’s has One Love—chicken fingers—and focuses its menu offering on fresh, made-to-order chicken fingers paired with their homemade Cane’s sauce, grilled Texas toast, creamy coleslaw, and crinkle-cut French fries. facebook.com/CanesNebraska or twitter.com/CanesLincoln
About Strider Sports International, Inc.
Founded in 2007 and headquartered in Rapid City, SD, Strider Sports designs efficient, no-pedal balance bikes for children as young as 18 months, as well as for older riders with special needs. Strider’s mission is to simplify a bike to its essence, so proper size, weight, and simplicity combine to eliminate any fear of riding and instill confidence in the rider. Strider No-Pedal Balance Bikes are industry-leading training bikes that help children as young as 18 months learn to ride effectively on two wheels. Strider also manufactures balance bikes for individuals with special needs and for seniors wanting to stay active later in life. The patented Strider Balance Bikes focus on the fundamentals of balancing, leaning, and steering without the distractions and complications of pedals or training wheels. Strider Bikes are now distributed in more than 75 countries worldwide. In 2015, Strider sold its one-millionth bike. Since its inception, Strider Sports International, the world’s premier manufacturer and marketer of no-pedal balance bikes, has donated over $850,000 through its Rider Fund to organizations that serve children and adults in need. To learn more and to find a retailer in your area, visit www.StriderBikes.com, like them on Facebook, and follow them on Twitter and Instagram.
The third stop of the 2017 STRIDER Cup Series is Lincoln, Nebraska sponsored by Raising Cane's Chicken Fingers!
Get your STRIDER Riders ready to race and meet us at Tower Square!
Genuine STRIDER Bikes are the only balance bikes allowed to race.
|8:00 AM to 2:00 PM||Packet Pickup|
|9:00 AM to 10:30 AM||2 Year Olds and Under Races|
|10:30 AM to 11:30 AM||4 Year Old Races|
|11:30 AM to 12:30 PM||Special Needs Races|
|12:30 PM to 1:00 PM||Lunch Break|
|1:00 PM to 2:30 PM||3 Year Old Races|
|2:30 PM to 3:30 PM||5 Year Old Races|
Race Day packet pickup will be available from 8am to 2pm.
- - Only Strider® brand balance bikes are permitted to race. Full Strider Cup race rules HERE.
- - Online registration closes June 9th, 2017
Early packet pickup and last chance registration will be on Friday night prior to the race. We highly recommend attending (but you're not obligated to) so you can pick up your racer's registration bag with their requested jersey, assigned number plate, and other goodies. This will be on Friday June 9th at Scheels in Lincoln (2960 Pine Lake Road) from 5 pm to 7 pm. We will also be conducting a “Tech Inspection” both then and on race day. For more information regarding Tech Inspection please look HERE.
Please bring your racer, bike, and helmet to packet pickup on Friday. If you are unable to do so we can finalize Tech Inspection on race day. Any concerns would need to be addressed before the child is allowed to race so again we would suggest attending packet pickup on Friday if at all possible. Showing up on Friday also gives us the opportunity to address any issues in a calm non-rushed atmosphere and to tell you what to expect on race day. We would also like to inform you about important times as related to your race class, how the "HEATS" (1st Race) and "MAINS" (2nd Race) will work, and how the awards ceremony will flow.
Please bring the electronic or printed tickets that you will be received after you registered to packet pickup as it will help speed up the process. If you will be checking in, picking up the registration bag and doing Tech Inspection on Saturday (race day) we would recommend doing so at least 45 minutes prior to the beginning of your racer's age group.
|2 Year Old and Under Class||4 Year Old Class||5 Year Old Class||Special Needs Class|
I believe that I saw fire coming off of those tires on Saturday at the first stop of the 2016 Strider Cup in Lincoln Nebraska!
A big thank you for everyone who braved the heat and showed up at the Railyard in Lincoln to have a great time and race with their fellow Strider riders. The day was indeed warm but it was bearable (especially with ice cream nearby)! A total of 120 racers took part in the first ever Strider Cup race in Lincoln and champions were crowned in the 2, 3, 4 and 5 year old classes along with 3 special needs divisions. A total of 28 out of state racers made the journey from 9 states outside of Nebraska.
Also thanks goes out to our main Sponsor Raising Cane’s along with the Lincoln Convention and Visitor’s bureau, and the Railyard.
Speaking for the staff of Strider we had a wonderful time in Lincoln exploring the sites and the very cool Haymarket area, but most of all enjoyed race day along with the enthusiasm and stories that surrounded the Strider experience of those racers.
Below are the top 8 racers from each race class:
2 and under Class - TOTAL RIDERS = 39
- 1#225 Brayson, Yingling - Topeka, Kansas
- 2#232 Jensyn Codr - Lincoln, NE
- 3#221 Brady Pearson - Omaha, NE
- 4#227 Bodhi Harmon - Bloomington, MN
- 5#215 Taggart Jensen - Lincoln, NE
- 6#208 Chandler "Chan Chan Man" Lundstrom - Lincoln, NE
- 7#204 Case Dubbelde - Box Elder, SD
- 8#217 Ivan Shearer - Lincoln, NE
3 year old CLASS - TOTAL RIDERS = 40
- 1#304 Ryan Hauf - Rapid City, SD
- 2#327 Madden Thulin - Topeka, KS
- 3#305 Cashton "Cash" Allen - Sioux Falls, SD
- 4#323 Kaiya "Dabee Doos" Hecht - Omaha, NE
- 5#316 Eldyn DeFreece - Cairo, NE
- 6#303 Monroe Nelson - Omaha, NE
- 7#335 Madelyn "Speed Rider" Sherman - Lincoln, NE
- 8#320 Drake "Silas" Franklin - Lincoln, NE
4 year old CLASS - TOTAL RIDERS = 20
- 1#402 Maddox Van Dyk - Sioux Falls, SD
#413 Brecken Yingling - Topeka, KS
- 3#403 Logan Brehm - Lincoln, NE
- 4#405 Maddox Snell - Lincoln, NE
- 5#411 Zackeith "Zack" James - Lincoln, NE
- 6#406 Blair Ivy Willmott - Lincoln, NE
- 7#409 Mason Trentman - Grand Island, NE
- 8#410 Yuga Miyazaki - Buffalo Grove, IL
5 year old class - TOTAL RIDERS = 9
- 1#502 Brayden "Mr. B" Allen - Sioux Falls, SD
- 2#505 Alva "Bells" Franklin - Lincoln, NE
- 3#501 Paige Thompson - Lincoln, NE
- 4#504 Mckenzie Vandeventer - Hastings, NE
- 5#509 Aidan Sakich - Littleton, CO
- 6#506 Mason "Belitos" Hecht - Omaha, NE
- 7#503 Landen "Landy" Brauer - Lincoln, NE
- 8#507 Silas Revis - Omaha, NE
#508 Ella Jones - Lincoln, NE
Special Needs 8 and under Strider 12" CLASS - TOTAL RIDERS = 4
- 1#904 Andy Brockmeier - Lincoln, NE
- 2#905 Cecelia Fritsch - Lincoln, NE
- 3#902 Pia Flynn - Lincoln, NE - (tie for 3rd)
- 3#901 Max Flynn - Linccoln, NE - (tie for 3rd)
SPECIAL NEEDS 8 AND UNDER STRIDER 16" CLASS - TOTAL RIDERS = 4
- 1#917 - Lincoln, NE
- 2#918 DJ Steiner - Lincoln, NE
- 3#916 Noel Canaah - Lincoln, NE
- 3#915 Haley Aernie - Lincoln, NE
SPECIAL NEEDS 9 AND Older STRIDER 20" CLASS - TOTAL RIDERS = 4
- 1#923 Caleb Capps - Lincoln, NE
- 2#922 Robert Michael - Lincoln, NE
- 3#924 Devan Stutzman - Dorchester, NE
- 3#921 Gavin Eichenberger - Lincoln, NE