Position: Content Writer
Location: Rapid City, SD
“At Strider, we love riding bikes, and we love inspiring kids to ride.” This is the first sentence of our mission statement,
and we are 100% dedicated to inspiring kids not only to learn to ride but to develop a lifelong love of riding.
Do you love telling stories? If you said yes, keep reading. Can you write good? If you said, “No, I write well,” keep reading.
Do you have such a command of the English language that some days your fingers have a mind of their own when they tap dance on the keyboard?
Good. That’s what we need. We’re looking for someone to help tell our stories of adventure, excitement, success, and two-wheeled fun!
You should have a great attitude, be organized, and energetic.
Your passion for who we are and what we do while communicating the truly awesome biking experiences of Strider riders and their
families to the world makes you the perfect fit.
Strider Sports International, Inc, is the South Dakota-based company behind the industry-leading, Strider Balance Bikes for toddlers,
children, and adults. We’re a global company headquartered in Rapid City, SD and rapidly expanding. Why work in the amazing Black Hills?
Because it’s amazing. We just said that. Strider values a family-friendly workplace where the workdays fly by and the work itself
feels like a grand adventure!
You’re a fantastic Content Writer and can collaborate with our entire marketing team to entertain,
educate, and inform the world about Strider Bikes.
You can stitch together words and craft sentences for product descriptions, blogs, website articles, press releases,
and social media content across the globe. Woah. The ideal candidate will be both organized and creative, willing to learn,
willing to be part of a team (no lone wolves here), have fun, work hard and, yes,
occasionally work with kids – all to inspire a love for riding.
- Serve as a brand ambassador for Strider
- Craft emotion-first messaging
- Develop channel-specific product positioning and messaging
- Produce consumer and dealer email communications
- Develop concepts and write copy for a range of campaigns/projects
- Identify and place new and existing content in outlets such as blogs and publications
- Write fluent product descriptions for print and digital product listings
- Craft clear and concise technical product specifications for all products
- Compose technical articles for a variety of platforms
- Effectively write editorial and informative blogs, articles and papers that help educate the consumer of our brand, culture, and product
- Compose press releases
- Create storyboards for photo and video needs
- Knowledge of digital marketing tactics, including SEO, email marketing, and web analytics
- Attention to detail, exceptional grammar skills (remember you command the language), and working knowledge of AP and MLA Styles
- A knowledge of Strider and the market we serve
- Proven skills in writing compelling, emotional-based copy
- Be able to prioritize and complete projects under tight deadlines and work with several different departments
- Highly organized, energetic, and the ability to multitask
- Experience creating email campaigns with an email marketing platform (e.g., MailChimp, Constant Contact, etc.)
- A broad history of editorial writing for various platforms such as blogs and other publications
- Understanding of e-commerce product listings
- Team Oxford comma all the way
- Thriving in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Extensive knowledge of internet culture, pop culture, and memes
- Being committed to an active lifestyle and exercise
- Randomly talk like a pirate
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Must be able to lift, carry, and move items up to 30 lbs
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time using a phone, computer keyboard and monitor
- Must be able to travel freely throughout the US and willing to assist with after hour/weekend events
Location and hours:
- This position is in Rapid City, SD
- Regular Office hours are Mon-Fri 8 am to 5 pm
- Some travel and occasional support of weekend events should be anticipated
- $35K to $45K depending upon experience
- This position reports to the Content Manager
- This full time, non-exempt position qualifies for a full benefits package that includes paid time off,
a 401K plan, health insurance and an extensive list of perks.
Strider values passionate people who believe their efforts will change the world for the better.
BEFORE taking action, re-read this ad and the job requirements to make sure it fits your skills and philosophy. If you see yourself as a candidate submit your resume and cover letter by the end of day January 25, 2019.
Apply at https://www.striderbikes.com/employment