Position: Marketing, Communications, and Tech professionals (multiple openings)
Location: Rapid City, SD
“At Strider, we love riding bikes, and we love inspiring kids to ride.” This is the first sentence of our mission statement,
and we are 100% dedicated to inspiring kids not only to learn to ride but to develop a lifelong love of riding.
If you believe that riding a bicycle is a fundamental skill that changes lives, we want you to join our team!
Strider Sports International, Inc, is the South Dakota-based company behind the industry leading, Strider Balance Bike for toddlers and children. Headquartered in Rapid City, SD this global company is rapidly expanding and seeking candidates who want to live and work in the amazing Black Hills. Strider will fill up to five new positions in the coming months. This is your chance to take your career in marketing, IT, or web development to the next level by working for a company with a world-wide reach.
Strider values a family-friendly workplace where the workdays fly by and the work itself feels like a grand adventure!
Positions to be filled include content and copy writers, public relations and media experts, outreach, information technology and web development. Detailed and individual job descriptions will depend on experience, qualifications, and how applicants and positions align with Strider’s overall organizational goals.
All interested applicants must:
- Possess a knowledge of Strider and the market we serve
- Have 2 or more years of relative experience
- Be able to prioritize and complete projects under tight deadlines and work with various departments
- Ability to collaborate with several people on the same project and the ability to handle constructive feedback
If you have experience and a combination of several of the skills and qualifications listed below, we would love to hear from you – submit your resume today! We are always looking to add great people to our team!
Functions and Qualifications (applicable to the various roles):
- Serve as a brand ambassador for Strider
- Develop channel-specific product positioning and messaging
- Produce consumer and dealer email communications
- Develop concepts and write copy for a range of campaigns/projects
- Identify and place new and existing content in outlets such as blogs and publications
- Write fluent product descriptions for print and digital product listings
- Craft clear and concise technical product specifications for all products
- Craft emotion-first messaging
- Compose technical articles for a variety of platforms
- Effectively write editorial and informative blogs, articles and papers that help educate the consumer
- Compose press releases
- Create storyboards for photo and video needs
- Possess exceptional grammar skills and working knowledge of AP and MLA styles
- Effectively collaborate with partners and sponsors for cross promotions and events
- Pitch event sponsorship opportunities to large companies that share our values
- Make customized pitches to media and influential content producers to increase brand awareness
- Cultivate and enhance collaborative working relationships within the press and publicity community
- Manage the flow of news about the organization to the media
- Act as a media spokesperson on behalf of the company
- Knowledge of digital marketing tactics, including SEO, email marketing and web analytics
- ROI-focused marketing reporting
- Experience developing and managing corporate websites
- Strong command of the PHP programming language
- Experience with version control and IDE-centered development
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Data report and query development
- Scripting experience (SQL is a huge bonus, or PowerShell/XSLT/Other)
- Ability to manage a Windows + Linux environment
- Experience with EDI or product fulfillment software
- Full-stack experience managing Windows domains and services for workstations/mobile devices
- Experience building/deploying/managing networks and related services (cabling, firewalls, WiFi, VPNs, DMZs)
- Thriving in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Being committed to an active lifestyle and exercise
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Must be able to lift, carry, and move items up to 30 lbs
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time using a phone, computer keyboard and monitor
- Must be able to travel freely throughout the US and willing to assist with after hour/weekend events
Location and hours:
- These positions are in Rapid City, SD
- Regular Office hours are Mon-Fri 8 am to 5 pm
- Some travel and occasional support of weekend events should be anticipated
- $35K to $65K depending upon experience
- Positions are full time, non-exempt positions and qualify for a full benefits package that includes paid time off, a 401K plan, health insurance and an extensive list of perks. Strider values passionate people who believe their efforts will change the world for the better.
BEFORE taking action, re-read this ad and the job requirements to make sure it fits your skills and philosophy. If you see yourself as a candidate submit your resume and cover letter by the end of day January 25, 2019.
Apply at https://www.striderbikes.com/employment